+1 (866) 534-5865


Frequently Asked Questions

Do you sell automobile parts?

Yes! Foss operates six U Pull it’s, you bring your own tools and pull your parts. Locations are Havelock, Jacksonville, LaGrange, Wilson, Winston Salem, and Chesapeake.

What is your policy for sealed containers?

Any sealed tanks and cylinders must either be cut in half or have a sizable hole allowing Foss Recycling personnel to verify that the tanks or cylinders are empty.

Do you pick up?

Foss does provide pick-up service for large quantities of scrap. If you are interested in learning whether or not your material qualifies, please contact the location nearest you.

What are your prices?

The value of metals changes often, sometimes daily. For up-to-date pricing, contact the yard nearest you or call 1-866-534-5865.

What if I lost my vehicle title?

Properly executed and legal duplicate titles are accepted at all Foss locations where automobiles are purchased. The way to obtain a duplicate title varies from state to state. Contact your local DMV for instructions on how to obtain a duplicate title in your area.

Do I need a title to sell a vehicle?

In most states, any vehicle sold to Foss must have a properly executed title complete with all signatures and free of any liens. In some instance vehicles over ten model year old can be sold with proof of ownership other than a title. A written statement signed by the seller or the seller's agent certifying that (i) the seller or the seller's agent has the lawful right to sell and dispose of the motor vehicle, (ii) the motor vehicle is at least 10 model years old, and (iii) the motor vehicle is not subject to any security interest or lien.

Can I recycle appliances?

Foss will recycle most appliances that contain metal, including refrigerators, water heaters, washers, and dryers.

What metals can I recycle at Foss Recycling?

Click here for the list of all metals we buy. We even list specific types of items, in case you don’t know your brass from your elbow.

What do I need to sell scrap metal to Foss Recycling?

Scrap metal recycling laws vary depending on the location. In most states, you must have a current driver’s license or U.S. government-issued photo I.D. and be at least 18 years of age or older.

What are unacceptable recycling materials?

Foss does not accept materials containing PCB’s (including fluorescent light ballasts, capacitors, transformers), items containing CFCs, mercury, radioactive materials, batteries other than lead-acid, rail scrap, municipal scrap, closed or pressurized tanks/cylinders, beer kegs, material containing asbestos, or any materials banned by federal, state or local law. Foss may require customers to provide material ownership documentation at the time of the transaction. If you have questions about whether or not a material is acceptable, please contact the yard nearest you.

What are your hours for Recycling?

Operating hours vary by location. Contact the yard nearest you for hours.

What are your hours for U-Pull-It?

The U Pull It hours of operation vary by location as well. Contact the nearest U Pull It for hours.

What is the closest location to me?